Thursday, March 16, 2006

The One About Rolling Up The Rim


Well, it's that time again - Tim Horton's promotion of "Roll Up The Rim To Win". I don't know what it is but I don't think I'll ever tire of Tim Horton's coffee (esp. their "double double"). I must have had like (on average) one a day :-P and I still have yet to win the big prizes (suuuuuure maybe a few free coffee but I want the car, dammit!).

I don't know if it's a coincidence but the promotion coincides with Tim Horton's going public. Yes, you too can buy a piece of the company (the stock will be listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchanges under the symbol THI). However I think that it will be hard for the general public to get in on that piece of action as everyone seems to want in and there isn't a lot of shares made public. I should check and see if I can buy just ONNNNNNNE share of Tim Horton's. Maybe then I'd feel much prouder (like those employees in the Westjet commercials) that I'm a partial (ok, minuscule) owner of this Canadian (okay, it was bought out by Wendy's which is American :-P) corporation. Also, I would feel much better that the $ I'm forking out to buy all those coffee will eventually return to me as profits. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh well, I can dream, can't I? :-P

By the way, the double/double that I got today, I won BUPPPPPKISS! :-P There's always tomorrow. Hahaha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, you're such a geek! =P

well, personal investing 101: banks make their $$ thru fees, and it doesn't matter if u buy 1 share or 100 share, u'd still have to pay their transaction fee, which is around $25. and same to sell. so if u wanna write-off $50 to own (and eventually un-own) one share of THI, go ahead. =PPP

back in the day when i had money, i coulda bought some shares and coulda sold u one of mine, but alas, those days are long gone.. =((