Thursday, April 13, 2006

The One About Easter


To continue with the Easter talks, Le Chocolatier Suisse asked, "Why are "Easter Eggs" made out of chocolate?" Well, according to Wiki (no, it's not the end all or be all), the traditional eggs used were your regular old chicken eggs but it's now a "modern custom" to substiture them with ones made from chocolate and or plastic egg-shaped containers filled with sugary goodness. Okay, so that still doesn't answer why chocolate.

Well, in my opinion, I think that the good people in this capitalistic society decided one day to make more money out of this sacred holiday by substituting tradition with something new, something that they can make a profit. Some brilliant bastard probably yelled out, "CHOCOLATES!!!!!" - lets introduce choclates to the holiday and get the kids hooked on them and then they will yell and scream at their parents to buy them more and more of it during this holiday and soooooon, it will be a NEW tradition, associating chocolates with Easter and we will all be RICHER!!!!." So, how's that explaination? :-D

Anyway, before I come down from the sugar rush and be all depressed, I should state that I am going to have a FULL course load for the next two semesters. MON DIEU!!! Think Spring 2007 will be a killer cause I have two CORE courses that I need to balance in my schedule, along with all the other crap, sorry did I say crap - I meant FINE ARTS course, that I have to take. I predict a LOT of essays to write, group projects to do, maybe a few speeches and presentations but damn it, I'm striving to be in the Class of 2007. :-P You know how I always end with "Pray for me", well this time, try and include a few sacrificial items of some sort too if you can. Hahahahaha. Happy Easter everyone (or rather one - Jackie cause I don't know who else reads my blabberings) Hahahaha.

Things to do before the end of the month:
  • study for finals

  • do my taxes (incl. mi familia's)

  • relax for a week before summer school starts

No comments: