Sunday, April 23, 2006

The One About Two Movies & A Board Game

Finals week is officially over for me!!!!!!!!! And to celebrate, my friends and I went to the movies and played a board game. Yes, it's an exciting life I lead, eh? :-P Oh well, it's was fun. We went to see a "double" header: Silent Hill and American Dreamz.


Let's start with Silent Hill. I have to say that this movie (although a bit slow) did live up to the game, well, more so then Doom and Resident Evil. The movie captures the same eerieness from the game but overall, I wish it could have been scarier. However, this film has MORE GORE than Hostel (which by the way is WAYYYYYYYY HYPED UP for a piece of crap film - Tarantino must have been on crack when he pimped it out). Biggest surprise in the movie - well, it might not be a surprise to everyone else but I didn't know Sean Bean was in this flick. Overall, I give this a bearable/okay. :-)


Next, we saw American Dreamz, a satire about...well, the "American Dream", and this was funny! The characters in the film is SPOT ON with the. As you can tell (see pic), I am now a fan of OMER (played by Sam Golzari) and his "raised in the OC" cousins. Hell, I think the whole family is hilarious and cute. By the way, I didn't make up the catch phrase...it was really something he used in the movie plus a few hand gestures. :-D :-D So run, don't walk to your local theatre and catch this nice little gem.


And finally, to cap off the fun-filled (and sleep deprived) day, we played The Settlers of Catan. I know, you're wondering, "What the fuck is that?" No? Well, I did cause when Kenzie suggested that we play the game the other day, I was like "What???" It's a game that belongs in the same genre as Risk but simpler and it's actually pretty fun. Apparently there's a MSN version (but you have to pay to play so screw that. However, if you're interested, you can check out the introduction of the game here: http://www.profeasy.com/Settlers_Boardgame/index.html.

Happy gaming! :-P

No comments: