Sunday, April 16, 2006

The One About Procrastination Being My Downfall

Okay, I trrrrrrrrrrried to study for my finals but that's not going well. What did I end up doing instead? Well, here's the rundown:

* Went for coffee with San and I even brought my textbooks too but alas, we ended up playing Cribs (btw, I KICKED her ass hehehehe), chit-chatted with my cousin (who actually did do some studying of his own with his mate), and then capped off the night by watching Brokeback Mountain. Hahahahahahaha! I swoooore that I wasn't gonna watch it but it wasn't too bad - really is a typical love story. But Heath Ledger's character was damn annoying - always with the self-pity and selfishness (selfishness because I felt sorry for Michelle Williams' character; I mean 10+ years of lies). If Ang Lee thought that the Oscar for Best Picture was between Brokeback and Crash, then I'm glad Crash won. :-D

* Went for [s]Mexican[/s]...El Salvadorian food (at the shady neighbourhood where I used to work, and no, not that kinda work :-P) and it wasn't too bad but I find that the fried stuff on the menu taste a bit better than the non-fried ones. Hehehe! Funny thing happened...so we got back to the car and it had started already. San was digging in her purse to find her keys and I jokingly said, "You left it in the car, didn't you?", and followed that with "Wait, how did you start the car?" She replied with "My car starter" and then I looked through the windows and saw the car keys still in the ignition switch. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! She had left the car running throughout dinner - luckily for us, (a) it wasn't winter and (b) she had a spare key in her purse. PHEW! But that was toooooo funny not to be shared. Hahahahahahaha!

* Watched some more movies - (a) Flightplan - Was a dud, why in the hell did Jodie Foster agree to star in this flick. (b) 2046 - Visually, it was very, very pretty but it was kinda boring. As aforementioned by Jackie, maybe it gets better when you watch it a 2nd time? But I think I'll pass cause I can't waste another 129 minutes on it. :-P

* I also rented King Kong and damn, that's another 3 hours I have to set aside for that film. Maybe I'll watch it next week cause thanks to Blockbuster's no late fees (it's not really NO FEES - one should really read the fine prints ;-)). So, that leaves me with 3 more Oscar films that I need to catch up on - Capote, Munich, and Good Night and Good Luck (which is on PPV :-)).

So yeah, if I didn't do too well on my finals, I have Hollywood to blame - okay, maybe I can take a bit of the heat too. Hehehehe

No comments: