Monday, April 10, 2006

The One About Family "Get Togethers"

There is a reason why I detest family "get togethers" (big or small) - it's such a chore trying to set it up. :-P For example, the clan is trying to get together for dinner this week and even with just 10 people, I've had to phone the restaurant 4 times (1st time to make the reservation, 2nd time to change the # of people coming, 3rd to change the # of people coming again, #4 to change the date) to change the bloody reservations. As it stands, it will be postponed until after my finals which means phone call #5, to cancel the reservation. :-P I could move the reservation to a later date but I rather not, in case the restaurant takes notice of the # of changes made on their reservation book and decide to give us something extra in our dishes (see: Waiting). So, just to be safe (and make it more complicated cause that's the type of person I am and how I do things :-P), I'll get another reservation next week or something under my name (original was under the parent's Hahahaha) and phone number. Hahahahaha! So yes, 5 bloody calls in 2 days. :-P

Anyway, Monday is almost done and over with and that leaves me with just one week till I write my first of three finals. :-P Pray for me! :-D


Oh yeah, Easter is just around the corner too. You know what that means? Yes, lots and lots of chocolates would go on sale from now until the week after Easter. Hahahaha! I'm not a religious person so I don't really know much about Easter in details, other than it's a holiday to celebrate the resurrection of Christ. Maybe that's all I need to know? What got me wondering is why a bunny is associated with also associated with this holiday? Well, after much googling, the Easter bunny isn't just a marketing gimmick.

The Romans believed that all life proceeded from an egg, so the egg came to symbolize birth and rebirth. Christians regarded eggs as the seeds of life and attributed them with the symbol of Jesus' resurrection.

The rabbit was used in early Easter celebrations to symbolize fertility, perhaps because these animals give birth to multiple offspring at a time. Anglo-Saxon mythology says that Ostara changed her pet bird into a rabbit to entertain a group of children, and the rabbit laid brightly colored eggs for them.

Easter was once celebrated by giving colored eggs to children and later evolved to hiding them in the grass, where they had supposedly been laid by a hare. Children referred to this Easter mascot as the "Easter Hare," which later became known as the "Easter Bunny."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one thing u left out.. where does the chocolate come in?? hehe