Monday, January 23, 2006

The One With A Change In Government

Well, I got some decent sleep and am now awake at the crack of dawn. Hahaha! Anyway, most of you may be aware that today is Election Day! I wish the damn polls would open already so that I can get it over with. Anyway, with all things being so serious, here's a lighter view on the election issue courtesy of Jon Stewart and The Daily Show. God, his shows are GEMMMMMSSSS!!


10:20 a.m. - I went to cast my vote. I was so chuffed about it that I even WALKED to the polling station. :-D Ok, it's only a 5-8 mins walk but still, people who know me knows that I donnnnnnnnnnnn't do walking. Hahahahaha! Anyway, the polling station seemed a bit slow but I guess that's cause most people are at work (I hope). I think things will pick up after 6?


The above was taken with my V300. Not too shabby, eh? :-D But the resolution still pales in comparison with the newer versions. Then again, isn't that the case with every thing - once we have the coolest technology at the moment, a few months later there will be something even bigger and better or in the case of mobile tech, smaller and better. :-D

10:30 p.m. - Well, I guess it wasn't a surprise as the Conservatives Party of Canada has won a minority government, ending the Libertal's 12 year regime. :-( Actually, there was a surprise in the outcome, former Liberal cabinet minister Anne McLellan didn't win her riding. I could have sworn that there would be at least one Liberal representative from our region. Oh well, I guess it's time for a change and a little shake up in Parliament. It is kinda scary to think of what plans the Conservatives have in mind re: "change". :-S If you want to read more into Election Canada 2006, check the CBC website at http://www.cbc.ca/canadavotes/

No comments: