Sunday, October 09, 2005

The One About CBC

You may have noticed that I might add one or more entries per day depending on how bored I am or what's on my mind or how I'm procrastinating like no one's business. :-P

I MISS CBC!!!!! Well, CBC Newsworld. I thought the lockout/strike had ended. Let me check! HOOOOOOOOORAAAAAYYYYY!!! It's OVER! I guess it just take a couple more weeks to get back to schedule? In the meantime, I'm enjoying the shows that CBC is churning out from their archives so that they can fill the empty timeslots. Been watching "The Passionate Eye" and "The Fifth Estate" a lot. Especially when the shows are on at wee hours in the morning. The last one that I saw was about the Liberals vs the Conservatives in the US titled "Sticks and Stones".

According to the CBC intro to the segment, "The United States is in the midst of a very un-civil war. It's a war of words that's pitting conservative against liberal, that's already divided the country into red and blue. The new gladiators are commentators like Bill O'Reilly and Ann Coulter and their forum is the television studios of networks like Fox. It's loud, it's raucous, but does it have anything to do with the truth?"

If you want to check it out, some guy is streaming the segment (poor quality though but hey, at least it's available ;-)) here:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article7914.htm

And if you want to skip ahead and see Ann Coulter gets "owned" (note: always backup what u say with ACCURATE sources), check here:

http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=120992

It's funny when you watch someone who's so "passionate about her belief" (but I see her as arrogant :-P) screws up. Hahaha! Anyway, that's my socially conscious entry of the day, maybe week, month, year or even lifetime. :-P

No comments: