Sunday, October 23, 2005

The One With The Secrets

Before I add this link to my list of looting and plundering, and etc, I just want to say that it's such a cool site. Nothing flashy or fancy, just people anonymously writing their secrets in a homemade postcard and sending them to this person and poof, they're up on the website.

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

Note that some are disturbing while others are pretty lighthearted. Personally, I don't know if I'll even do that so I must say, most of the senders are very brave, and quite creative too. So, if you're up for it, here's how you send in your secrets:

(from PostSecret website)
You are invited to anonymously contribute your secrets to PostSecret. Each secret can be a regret, hope, funny experience, unseen kindness, fantasy, belief, fear, betrayal, erotic desire, feeling, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything - as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before.

Create your 4-by-6-inch postcards out of any mailable material. If you want to share two or more secrets, use multiple postcards. Put your complete secret and image on one side of the postcard. Please do not email your secrets.

Tips:
Be brief - the fewer words used the better.
Be legible - use big, clear and bold lettering.
Be creative - let the postcard be your canvas.
Mail your secrets to:

PostSecret
13345 Copper Ridge Rd
Germantown, Maryland
USA 20874-3454


So, what's my secret? Well, if I told you, then it wouldn't be one anymore, would it? :-P Who knows, maybe it'll appear on that site one day. Hehehehehe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool find! i actually read them all.. well the ones on the main site, didn't go into the archives. (see! ur procrastination's contagious! i should be doing school work right now at 1 in the mornin) not sure what i'd say, but i already saw a couple of secrets on there that i share.

Anonymous said...

oh and ps, now that u'v done stats, here's a question for ya. what's the correlation between ricecracka posting a blog, and ricecracka having a midterm the next day?? =P

Lainer said...

HAR HAR HARRRRR! :-P

I'm not doing too bad on my midterms (well, 2 of 3 so far cause I haven't got the 3rd results yet). I got an A- for 1 and a B in the other EVENTHOUGH I got an 80%. Stupid grade scale. :-P

Lainer said...

Annnnnd, I'm not gonna celebrate till I get this 3rd result. Cause it's a dooooozy (50% of my final grade). :-S