Monday, December 19, 2005

The One With Me Discovering Things

The weekend is over! I usually hate Mondays but not today - well, not for the next 2.5 weeks! :-) So you might be wondering - "What is up with the title?". Well, I've discovered a few things that I would like to share with whoever is reading this non-beneficial, non-enlightening, non-anything yet mildly entertaining blog. :-D

1. I discovered that Fort Saskatchewan isn't too far from my place. A good 15-20 minutes drive. Guess it's kinda like driving to downtown but with less trafic cause highway driving rules. :-)

2. I discovered that one should never rent a movie based on the cover of the dvd - quite deceiving. So, the gang and I rented this movie (Malevolence) and it was a PIECE OF CRAP! Can I say crap? Well, too bad cause I'm going to say that it's CRAP again. I fell asleep near the beginning the cause the acting was terrible, the plot was abysmal, it was NOT SCARY at all, and to top it all off - lame sound effects à la DAMN SYNTH MUSIC. Apparently, it was suppose to be a homage to 80's slasher flicks. Well, Christ, I didn't know 80's horror/slasher flick was THIS BAD! :-P Crap! I can still recall that damn synth effect. >_<

3. I discovered that I "snore" when I sleep. :-P Damn it! Wonder what I sound like in the theatres - watching really boring movies? :-P Jackie - enlighten me on this (through email is fine Hahahaha).

4. I discovered that Jazz & Rap can fuse rather nicely if done well. Check out "Hidden Beach Recordings Presents: Unwrapped - Volume One"! If you want to give it a sample, check "here". ;-)

5. I discovered that Syriana is quite an Anti-American film. I went in with no expectation cause I didn't read too much about this film cause it really didn't interest me - not a big fan of political drama (watch too much of that on the news every damn day :-P) but it wasn't as bad as expected. Yes, I did fall asleep for like 10 minutes somewhere in the middle of the movie but I don't think I missed too much. The pace was quite slowwwwwww but hey, Dr. Julian Bashir is in it (see ref. to Deep Space Nine) and you do feel sorry for his character in this movie. Oh yeah, some of the scenes were set in Geneva and I was like "OH!!! I recognized that Arab Bank building cause Jackie took a picture of it." Hahahah! If you like more action and espionage, try Robert Redford's Spy Game. :-D

I believe that is all I can think of now. Maybe I will add more later. Until then, Happy Monday. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's hillarious! now i want to watch that movie just to see that. it's not like it's a landmark or anything either.. cool.

and no, never heard u snore in the theatre, cuz i woulda for sure nudged u awake. unless u and i were both sleeping at the same time.. hehehe

and how can u not know that ft sask is closeby? anything north is closeby to u, yukon included. =D didn't we go there one time on one of those random wkend afternoon drives?