Friday, February 10, 2006

The One About The Olympics


The 20th Winter Olympics has just begun! To tell you the truth, I didn't even know the opening ceremony was tonight (or last night in Turino time). I missed most of it but did managed to see the Italian team entering the Stadio Olimpico. I'm sure the CBC will re-broadcast the ceremony later (hopefully) so will try to catch it then or tape it. ;-)

There are a lot of high hopes for the Cdn team to do well in Turino. I guess it's to build up for Vancouver 2010. It would be nice to head on down to Vancouver to be a part of that ceremony. We'll see - still got 4 years to go.

There is a photo gallery set up on the Canadian Olympic Committee site. CBC is also the main broadcaster for the Turino Olympics. Think this is their last winter olympics cause Bell? got the rights for the 2010 Oly in Vancouver.

Aesthetically, I'm not sure about Team Canada's outfit. I guess I could get used to the parkas (though am not sure how hot it really is in Turino at the moment) and am okay with the sheepskin trapper hats with fuzzy earflaps (they are kinda cute though they remind me of that Jason Biggs movie "Loser" Hahahaha!) but why oh why did they have to wear those damn ugly uggs? >_< I wished Roots was still the designer for the Olympic team but alas, this year, it's all about the Hudson Bay Company. Anyway, uggs or no uggs, good luck to Team Canada!!! :-D

No comments: